HSLDA’s Curriculum Market Listing and Prohibited Items Policy
HSLDA’s Curriculum Market is intended for curriculum and materials of specific interest to the homeschool community. The site is not intended for other items or purposes, such as household items, collectibles, personal items, or business opportunities. No obscene or otherwise inappropriate materials may be listed (as determined by HSLDA as the final arbiter).
As an HSLDA Curriculum Market user, you are responsible for ensuring that buying or selling your item is legal. You must also ensure you legally own the item and have the right to sell it.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Listing cancellation
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Forfeit of fees on cancelled listings, if fees are charged
Please limit your auctions according to this policy. There are other auction sites, many with a wider audience, available for general auctions.
Sellers may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the authenticity or legality of the items offered in their listings. Sellers should take steps to ensure that their items are authentic before listing them on the site. If a seller cannot verify the authenticity of an item, the seller is not permitted to list it.
Keyword Spam Policy, Brand Name Misuse
Keyword spamming occurs when members place brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a title or description for the purpose of gaining attention or diverting members to a listing. Keyword spamming in listings is not permitted on the site. The searchable text sellers place in listings must be directly relevant to the item being sold.
Replica, Counterfeit Items and Unauthorized Copies
Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on the site. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.
Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn’t made or endorsed by that company, don’t list it on the site. If you do your listing will be removed.
Digitally Delivered Goods
Digitally delivered items are restricted on the site. In order to list digitally delivered items, the seller must comply with the following requirements:
- Any digitally delivered item may not be pornographic in nature.
- The seller must be the owner of the underlying intellectual property, or authorized to distribute it by the intellectual property owner.
- The seller’s item may not include software that harms the buyer’s machine (for example, a virus), uses it for malicious or unauthorized purposes (for example, sending spam emails or spreading a virus), or violates the buyer’s privacy (for example, spyware).
Encouraging Illegal Activity or Infringement
HSLDA prohibits the sale of items or links to items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity. Sellers may not use the HSLDA site to enable, encourage or instruct others to infringe copyrights, trademarks or other rights.
Listing No Item
Listings not offering an item or service for sale are not permitted on the site. These types of listings include but are not limited to:
- Listings where the buyer cannot verify the existence of the item upon receipt of the item
- Listings with the apparent, primary purpose of expressing the seller’s personal views
- Signposts – listings primarily meant to direct a user to a seller’s store or other listings
- Want Ads
Sellers are not permitted to create titles for their listings that do not accurately describe the item for sale.
Multi-level Marketing, Pyramid and Matrix Programs
The listing and advertising of multi-level marketing programs (including online payment randomizers), matrix, pyramid, Ponzi schemes, and all similar programs are not permitted on the site.